Saturday 12 July 2014

July Mixed Media Tag Swap - All About Stencils......

I am a member of a nice little group over at Ning called Art and Sassy. Have been a member there for a month or two now and have just finished my first swap (I still need to post it to the swap organiser) 

Every month there is a Mixed Media Tag Swap, this month is.....

All About Stencils!

Here is my creation:


Materials:

- Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Large Die (Tag & Bookplate)
- Corrogated Cardboard Box
- Heidi Swap 6x6 Lattice Stencil
- Reeves Modeling Paste
- Liquitex Gesso
- Beading Wire
- Tim Holtz Ideology Muse Tokens
- Tim Holtz Ideology Pen Nibs
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Zig Glue Pen
- Kraft Cardstock
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Twine

I was aiming for a basic tag with little embelishments and mediums yet still have a good overall effect, hence the reason I used corrogated card (it was actually a box that had one of my son's birthday presents in it, I tend to keep all kinds of boxes)

After finding out that the Tim Holtz Tag Die cuts through corrogated cardboard, and even chipboard, I have realised that my tag making possibilities are endless and will probably never buy another packed of precut tags again.

Hope you like my creation, and stay tuned for more...........


No comments:

Post a Comment